July 25, 2010

Pregnancy!


Pregnancy is such a weird thing - it really forces you to realize that our bodies
are made to be functional, not to just sit around and look pretty. Because my body's been doing some crazy things - it's like going through a second puberty! Hormonal things doing weird things to your skin and appetite, your body growing and expanding, getting really tired. I've had to really let go of any self image issues and realize that - you know, I'm incubating a little person! It's okay to scare myself every time I step onto a scale!
And that's the really crazy part - it becomes clearer with each day that there's a little person inside. And he has a mind of his own (we're expecting a little boy!). We call him our little ninja - because he moves around like crazy! Adam could start feeling him doing roundhouse punches in my belly all the way somewhere between the 16th and 18th week. Now that he's bigger, it's a little more like tai chi - but they are huge movements that almost make me feel sick! I suspect we're going to have an active little one on
our hands. :)
The picture is from Colorado at at 7 months now - in the 3rd trimester! I find it hard to be patient for when we finally get to meet our little guy in October! :)
)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Melissa said...

I can't wait for my little nephew :) !! I'm going to be his most favoritest auntie ever! I'm going to spoil him and teach him to be a baller ;)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home