August 2, 2008

Cake the Magnifcent

This is before:
And this is after: I'm quite proud of this cake. :) This is the the class final cake - a buttermilk chocolate cake filled with hazelnut chocolate cream, topped with royal icing roses, rosebuds, violets and daisies, with buttercream basketweave and rope borders. And the cake was very good! The recipe is on my food blog http://inediblegrapes.blogspot.com . I've discovered that there are two essential tricks to cake decorating: 1) get the icing consistency right 2) colors matter a lot!

Doesn't this look tasty? Yes it does... Mmm.... and you're not getting a single piece!

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I want a piece! :)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Wow, I don't check this blog for a long time, don't talk to y'all for a while, I come back, not knowing what's going on in your life these days, and pow! Cake!

You have enticed me into reading on...

Also, hi!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home